Thursday 5 December 2013

The end is near.....

.....reflection week. 



On reflection I've just realised I haven't blogged about CiteULike or the other reference management sites! So here goes: I haven't used any reference management software/websites before. I did my studying some years ago and these handy tools weren't around (well they may have been when I did my library course about 6 years ago but I only completed the Post Grad Diploma bit and didn't have the joy of doing a dissertation). I know some libraries have access to and use such things as RefWorks but it's not something we have in my library so they have kind of been on my radar but very distant! Having tried out CiteULike I think it could come in useful to keep track of personal resources for work.  I can see the appeal for students or people doing research/writing books/articles as it can save lots of time typing up reference lists. Sharing articles especially by linking it to Facebook is a nice feature for those who have professional FB pages. 
I've also had a quick look at Mendeley and Zotero which look pretty good although it's a download with additional social networking/sharing capacity which limits it's usage a bit (I use at least 3 different computers at work). Although some of the features are good like annotating articles and highlighting sections of articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment