Monday 25 November 2013

Meetings and Library Things....

Meet-o-matic......sounds like washing powder but does something completely different. Luckily. Otherwise it wouldn't be Thing 15. Having spent my library life (so far) in the NHS this sort of thing hadn't really occurred to me as we use Outlook for scheduling meetings, one of the handy things with Outlook is that once you've accepted a meeting request it puts it straight into your calendar so requires little thinking and doing. I see the importance of these other meeting schedulers for those who use different calendar/email systems. I like the way Meet-O-Matic was quick and easy to use, I also looked at Doodle and found this just as good.....I'm tempted to use this with friends to bypass the endless texts/phone calls to co-ordinate everybody!

Library Things is something again that wasn't on my radar (think I must live in some deep dark hole). It looks good for sharing collections. I haven't looked at the social networking side of things yet but setting up collections is easy peesy. I am wondering if we could use it to publicise our new books? However, I can't see a way to add in the shelf mark or any comments. There are boxes for this if you edit the book but they don't appear to display when I click on book cover in my collection. May need further investigation......

No comments:

Post a Comment