Tuesday 5 November 2013

Pubmed RSS and other feeds.....

I've just completed 'Thing12'.....I don't really use Pubmed much, mostly the citation matcher for checking photocopy requests and the odd quick and dirty search so this was interesting and useful. It's a similar thing to setting up an alert in HDAS I think....assuming HDAS is working at the time :o/ 


When I went into My Library I realised that I'd set up RSS feeds some time ago and just forgotten about them.....probably because I never asked it to email me the results so they just sat there being neglected. I can see the usefulness of this as again it pulls together information from different sources into one place instead of having to check several different websites. I like the Pubmed search RSS, so easy to set up :o)

On the whole RSS feeds are not something I've ever been asked about by library users. Maybe it's something that we should publicise more?

No comments:

Post a Comment